Thursday, November 6, 2008

PaRappa Big Pooh

Daytona 500 - Ghostface Killah f/ Raekwon - Props as always to Mike Rizzy for the video scoop.





Hip-hop is always going to be top 3 in my favorite music genres - Classic Rock being one (damn you Guitar Hero 2!) and R&B (who can deny Tevin Campbell's "I'm Ready?" = mood setter ). Anyways, listening to 92.1 this morning they played "Can I Get A..." as a BACK IN THE DAY JAM. Depressing cause I still remember it in the first Rush Hour movie. But hearing it also jogged my memory on a site I found a while back where someone used a whole bunch of charts/graphs to represent hip hop lyrics. After diving into my IM convos, I finally found it again.

Click and enjoy!


p.s. Picture 12 from the top was the LINE of summer 98.


p.p.s Almost forgot my idea - since there would be an anime show on the TV set where ever these characters live, how about having a hip-hop type sesame street where children are taught simple things? minus the stereotypes but with "play on words" on real artists - i.e. tribe called REST (about the value of sleep)? ranting at work does spark my imagination.

1 comment:

jpresa said...

your posts get more and more enjoyable to read....